George Van Amson Fellowship
Columbia College, SEAS, GS, and Barnard undergraduates are eligible to apply for the George Van Amson (GVA) Service Fellowship.
Funded by Community Impact, Fellows receive a $3,000 stipend to support an unpaid nonprofit or service learning fellowship.
Selected Fellows become part of a larger community committed to social justice, civic engagement, and service learning, ultimately deepening their understanding of social change while developing professionally.
- Respond to weekly reflection questions and participate in bi-weekly virtual discussion groups with Fellowship cohort
- Attend two Professional Development training sessions over the course of the eight week fellowship period [Dates to be announced]
- Submit two employer evaluations, first at the mid-point, and second at the conclusion of the fellowship
- Compose a final reflection essay synthesizing the fellowship experience
- Present fellowship project highlights at an annual event focused on civic engagement and service learning
Spring 2020 deadline: March 13, 2020 at 11:59pm.
For more information about other fellowship and internship opportunities, please visit the Center for Career Education.